Looking for somewhere different to dine in Pittsburgh and the surrounding area? Check us out! We get together once a month with a couple of rules...no repeats and no chain restaurants. We started in 2009 and are still going strong!

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Eleven

April 2014
http://www.elevenck.com/
1150 Smallman St, Pittsburgh PA 15222
Eleven on Urbanspoon












Eleven is still one of my favorite restaurants in the city. We were are a large table that was oval shaped which made conversation easier than a long straight table.  We started with the oysters and steak tartare for appetizers.  The tartare was great and the portion size was surprisingly generous.   I was a bit disappointed by my salad, which was 3 greens and a vinaigrette dressing, as it was very bland.  My entrée was halibut which was perfectly done and served with polenta and brussel sprouts.  We split 4 desserts—I am a huge fan of crème brulee and this one was top notch.  The hazelnut candy bar and the warm chocolate cake were also hits.  The white chocolate panna cotta was my least favorite.



No comments:

Post a Comment