Looking for somewhere different to dine in Pittsburgh and the surrounding area? Check us out! We get together once a month with a couple of rules...no repeats and no chain restaurants. We started in 2009 and are still going strong!

Monday, August 25, 2014

Off the Hook

July 2014
908 Warrendale Village Drive, Warrendale, PA
http://www.offthehookfish.com/
Off The Hook on Urbanspoon

"Love love love this restaurant. The atmosphere is clean and open and the wait staff was very professional and courteous. Off the Hook is a little on the pricey side but they offer great happy hour specials ($5 absolute drinks/wine/etc). To give you an idea on price: we were a group of 9 who shared two dozen oysters and another app, a couple side salads, three sides (a la carte), and 3 large desserts in addition to our personal entrees and a drink or two each and our bill was approximately $75/person. I didn’t think that was bad for a restaurant in this class. I shared the scallops and the Caribbean style Chilean sea bass. They were both delicious! I would definitely recommend Off the Hook, in fact, I have already been back!"

 "I really loved Off the Hook, it is now my favorite Grub Club restaurant! I had the Parmesan Style Halibut. There was a nice sear on the outside of the fish and the wine/lemon/black pepper cream sauce was outstanding. I also enjoyed the blackened Cajun cauliflower and char grilled asparagus. I was disappointed in the desserts. Everyone’s meal was exceptional and the desserts weren’t up to the same standard. I have heard rave reviews about their cheesecake, but I wasn’t a fan of the funfetti birthday cheesecake. Out of the sampler, I think I liked the chocolate one that was in a small cup the best. The price was great, I thought it would be a lot more for our group. There is something for everyone on the menu, not just fish!! I will definitely be going back!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment