Looking for somewhere different to dine in Pittsburgh and the surrounding area? Check us out! We get together once a month with a couple of rules...no repeats and no chain restaurants. We started in 2009 and are still going strong!

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Verde

January 2014
5491 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh PA
http://verdepgh.com/
Verde Mexican Kitchen & Cantina on Urbanspoon











Adrianne:
I started out the evening with a Spicy Seniorita which was very good.  I was surprised that the spiciness of the jalapeno and cranberry juice went well together!  The guacamole was one of the best ones that I have had in a while.  For my entrée – I had the salmon entrée which had a chipotle cauliflower puree and quinoa croquettes which I loved!  The salmon was a little undercooked for my liking in the middle but it was still good.  The atmosphere here was nice and open – but all the windows made it quite chilly on an evening where it was -4 degrees out.  I will have to try Verde again in the summer!

Karen:
I liked the revised menu that focuses on upscale tacos at $5 each.  I had the Barbacoa,  which was chili rubbed beef with lots of cilantro, jalapeno and feta, and the Chorizo which had a really nice cilantro yogurt to temper the heat of the chorizo.  We split a few orders of the brussel sprouts.  I am a big fan of roasted sprouts and they only get better when you add herb ricotta topping.  The guacamole was loaded with chunks of avocado.  We also split the Queso Fundido---it was tasty. It would have been nice to give us 6 tortillas since there were 6 in our party.   I ordered the margaritas which were on a Happy Hour special.  They were tart and a nice bit of the tropics on such a cold winter night.

Nicole:
I really liked the guacamole and the cheese appetizer.  For my entrée, I had a chorizo taco, barbacoa taco and the side of brussel sprouts.  Everything was delicious.  The atmosphere was great and so was our server! 

No comments:

Post a Comment