Looking for somewhere different to dine in Pittsburgh and the surrounding area? Check us out! We get together once a month with a couple of rules...no repeats and no chain restaurants. We started in 2009 and are still going strong!

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Eighty Acres

February 2015
1910 New Texas Road, Pittsburgh PA 15239
http://eightyacreskitchen.com/
Eighty Acres Kitchen & Bar on Urbanspoon



 
This was the second time I have been to Eighty Acres and it did not dissapoint either time.  The atmosphere is small and quaint with the feel of being inside an old barn.  They have a good mix of square and round tables and you do not feel like you are sitting on top of each other as you do in most smaller restaurants.  We shared several appetizers including the mussels, flatbread and the queso.  Most of the people at the table preferred the queso.  The mussels were good but only came with one piece of bread for the five of us.  For my entree, I went with my staple salmon which was tasty.  The weight staff was friendly and attentive.  It is nice to have a place like Eighty Acres east of the city (Plum)!  We did have one complaint of the night - while we were having a drink at the bar before dinner, one of the people in our group overpaid their bar bill by $20 and the bartender just took the money without bringing it to their attention.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed my meal at Eighty Acres. I am from Murrysville and I agree wtih the previous comment about having a top notch restaurant so close to home. I had the Valentine's seafood risotto which was really good. Plenty of seafood, the scallops were delicious. I enjoyed the mussels, the sprouts and the queso. We did have to ask for extra bread but it was perfect for dipping with the mussels. Overall, great restaurant in the east. We will be back!

    ReplyDelete