Looking for somewhere different to dine in Pittsburgh and the surrounding area? Check us out! We get together once a month with a couple of rules...no repeats and no chain restaurants. We started in 2009 and are still going strong!

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Wild Sage

January 2015
3932 William Flynn Highway, Allison Park, PA 15101
http://wildsage8.com/

Wild Sage on Urbanspoon


 





#1
Wild Sage review:  I really liked the atmosphere of the restaurant.  The chorizo flatbread appetizer was really good, but when I think flatbread, I think really flat and crispy (my personal preference).  This had a pizza-like puffiness to the dough, but it was still tasty.  Their selections of salads was very unique, it was hard to choose as they all sounded delicious.  I chose the Harvest salad with arugula, roasted sweet potatoes, wild rice, almonds and a vinaigrette.  This was one of the best salads that I have ever had.  There was a nice balance of savory and sweet within the salad.  My entrée was the Pecan Crusted Chicken Breast.  The chicken was very flavorful and tender.  We split three desserts which were all really good. 

#2
I enjoyed my dinner at Wild Sage.  The lobster crepes were delicious although it was more like a tortilla, than a crepe. I really enjoyed the chorizo flatbread and my southern belle salad. The kale and bacon combo are always a winner in my book. I had the scallops for my main course and the scallops were done perfectly but I would have preferred a different side to accompany the dish, the lentils did not add anything to the dish. Overall an enjoyable night out but felt the price point was a bit high for the area.
 
#3
I really liked the menu at Wild Sage—the menu was creative without being too exotic so everyone could find something that they liked.   I thought the taste of the lobster crepes was good but the crepe itself was more like a tortilla.  I would call this a lobster enchilada instead.  We also split the chorizo flatbread as an appetizer and it was just the right amount of spice. The arugula salad w/ pears and goat cheese was very fresh.  There were several salad choices, including the ever present kale salad, that looked appealing.  I had the salmon stuffed with crabmeat, artichokes and spinach.  It was perfectly cooked and a generous portion size.  We split 3 dessert and the chocolate cake from Prantl’s was my favorite.  We also as the crème brulee and the napoleon (sp).  The only downside was the price point.  We spent $75 per person with each of us drinking 2 drinks.  While this is not an unusual price for a place in the city with a great atmosphere I think this is high for a brightly lit restaurant with no real ambiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment